Friday, July 10, 2009

The works

No, not the lot, bit of everything. I'm talking employment, which I have finally obtained.

My job is working for a peer to peer ticket selling company. Kind of like e-bay for concert/sporting/theatre tickets. Why use us? I haven't quite worked that part out yet. This isn't an advertisement as I'm not even mentioning the company name. What is it? I'm not sure.

Perhaps it's a whinge. After quite a while out of a working environment you forget just how loony it can be. You forget how messed up customers thought processes are. After interacting with mostly Australians or Kiwis since arriving here, you forget how FUCKED the English accent can be (Hi there Liverpool, Newcastle....what the fuck are you saying?)

So yeah, my role is mostly taking calls from angry jerks who haven't received tickets to their shitty concerts which they paid a ridiculous amount for because they didn't get in early enough to buy them from the actual promoter. "What sort of concerts?" I hear you ask. Well last week was all about Take That, Blur, Madonna and The Killers who all had concerts at the same time and all had promoters who apparently couldn't organise a piss up in an off licence (damn I love off licence shops). This week; Oasis and the Benicassim Festival. What's Benicassim you ask....basically it's all the bands that played here last week playing in some backwater town in Spain.

Trouble is all the English fools going to this festival who are leaving a week before the event but haven't got their tickets yet. So yeah, kill me please.

I desperately need a drink, but right now have sworn off booze. It's been two weeks so far. Lets see if I can make it through the weekend.

End Post

No comments:

Post a Comment