Tuesday, April 21, 2009

And so it begins



I had farewell drinks on Saturday and one of my good friends suggested a Blog to keep people up to date on what's happening. Great idea I thought. I also thought "I never know what to write in these things". I thought, "is this the new wave of livejournal?" I hope that's not what I'm doing.

I'm determined not to make it that.

So I thought with less than 2 days until I leave for Melbourne and less than 10 days til I fly far-far away I'd get started.

Today is the first day where it's been hard to be leaving. I had a nice dinner with the girls (and Jon) of Bucknell street. It was a little sad. Saying goodbye to Bridget was tough. I really have looked to her as a little sister for a while now and I worry about her. Stay tough Bid, you'll be fine and we'll see you in a matter of months.

Today Jarrod came over to get Saba from me. Saba is my carpet python that Jarrod is going to take care of for me. Thanks Jarrod.

The about 10 minutes ago my ex came to get Maggie and Baxter. My beautiful boston terriers. I fucking miss them like crazy already. The saddest day I've had in quite some time. I hope my kids are ok. So up top is a picture of my dogs, thinking of you kids, hope you're ok.

So tomorrow night I'll probably begin the long drive to Melbourne to say a last goodbye to the family. Won't be posting here all the time but will try to keep anyone who wants to read up to date.

Cheers

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment